Friday, March 13, 2009

The Park Slope ChipShop

For lunch today I had Fried Fish, French Fries and Fried Twinkie. At least I passed on the Deep Fried Pizza, Fried Jumbo Sausage, Deep Fried Burger, Fried Banana, Fried Reeses Peanut Butter Cup, Fried Cadbury Egg and the Twice Fried Cherry Pie, although the Twice Fried Cherry Pie says it has been “Banned by the NYC Health Department”.

To be more exact I had the Battered Haddock & Chips at The Park Slope ChipShop located at 383 Fifth Ave. (at 6th St.) in Brooklyn. The ChipShop calls itself “An English Restaurant” and is filled with U.K. memorabilia lining the walls of this small yet welcoming restaurant. The place was only about half full and appears to be kid friendly with kids menu items and the various young family’s coming and going. The waitress was decked out in English attire, she was helpful and pleasant. The ChipShop also has a take out window and another location in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.

The piece of fish was huge and flaked apart perfectly as it was cut into, while the crust was crisp although slightly overcooked. The fries were fine but the fish was the main attraction and I would highly recommend it. Only Robb and I today and he went with the Battered Cod & Chips. We decided to split a Fried Twinkie, served with a rasberry sauce, and it kinda reminded me of a fancy donut. The fish is the way to go and is goooood. Go4Kb.

3 comments:

tranquilo said...

Dude, you are the healthiest consumer of food I know.

You can fry your milk and OJ for breakfast too!

James Jean said...

Dude, I saw John Lennon!!! This place sounds like my speed b/c of the British theme

Ruby said...

Twice Fried Cherry Pie??? Good Lord!

Oh, and sorry for my loonng comments on the other ones - apparently your blog triggered storytime from me today lol