Thursday, February 19, 2009

Eileen's Special Cheesecake

Eileen's Special Cheesecake is about as good as it gets. It is one of my favorites and I always make an effort to drop by when in SOHO. The visit usually will be after having taco’s next door at the taqueria, La Esquina, but I'll have to tell you about that incredible place another day. Kevin and I found Eileen’s a couple years ago when I just happened to see a big sign declaring cheesecake and had to go in.

Eileen's offers everything from classic plain New York style cheesecake to Chocolate Banana and Caramel Pecan, just to name a few. Kevin's favorite is the Dulche de Leche, a plain cheesecake with a lightly drizzled milky caramel syrup. The cheesecake has a very fluffy light texture, much lighter than Junior's, yet remains rich and creamy in flavor. It isn't too sweet and has just enough crust to delectably melt in your mouth. Even as I write this I long for another piece of deliciousness.

The most popular sized cakes are the individual cheesecakes for $3.50 but larger cakes are also available at $12.00, $15.50 and $29.00. You can get your own even if you don’t live in the city, they deliver overnight express anywhere in the United States. Eileen's Special Cheesecake is at 17 Cleveland Place (corner of Kenmare and Centre St, opposite Lafayette and Spring St).

No comments: